Wednesday 29 June 2011

Swap: Our semi for your pile during the Olympics | Mail Online

Swap: Our semi for your pile during the Olympics | Mail Online

South London’s Peckham may not be the most obvious holiday choice for a discerning overseas visitor but I’m hoping my humble Victorian terrace could net me a fabulous exchange during next summer’s Olympics.

So far I have been offered stunning properties in Morocco, Australia, Bali, the South of France, New York and North Carolina. Since first discovering the joys of home exchange in the Nineties, I’ve swapped with ten ‘strangers’ around the world.

My six-bedroom house, in East Dulwich – a mile from Peckham – has hosted well-heeled visitors from New York, Tobago, California, Boston, Rome and Dubai and there have been no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment