Thursday 3 November 2011

Can Bank of Ireland transfer my fixed-rate mortgage? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Can Bank of Ireland transfer my fixed-rate mortgage? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q I have a fixed-rate mortgage with the Bank of Ireland. The fix is due to expire next year, at which point I expected to drop on to the standard variable rate (SVR) of 2.99%. However, Bank of Ireland has written to me saying that my mortgage has been selected to be transferred to a company called the Mortgage Works, which has a SVR of 4.79%.

Apparently I have no say in the matter, and while BoI says my terms and conditions remain the same I will have to pay the higher rate of interest charged by the Mortgage Works. This is obviously going to cost me a lot more. Is there anything I can do to stop this transfer going ahead? I'd rather stay with BoI and pay 2.99%. JS

A....

No comments:

Post a Comment