Wednesday 1 February 2012

Should I add an overdraft debt to my mortgage? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Should I add an overdraft debt to my mortgage? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q I have unfortunately allowed myself to accrue a £3,000 overdraft, which is costing me about £40 a month in interest. My mortgage is fully flexible and the rate is tracked at no more than 0.99% above the Bank of England base rate for the lifetime of the loan. I have made a number of lump sum overpayments over the years, as well as a regular monthly overpayment of about £300.


Is it a good idea to use some of the overpayment on my mortgage to pay this £3,000 off? My intention would be try to pay back the extra borrowing over the next 12 months or so. Does this make sense from a financial perspective? HF


A Yes, it does make sense financially to increase your mortgage .....

No comments:

Post a Comment