Wednesday 14 March 2012

Would a reduced house price deter you from buying? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Would a reduced house price deter you from buying? | Money | guardian.co.uk

When it comes to shopping I love a reduced sticker – it's always good to think you're getting a bargain. But I'm not quite sure how I feel when it comes to houses.

In Hartlepool recently I walked past an estate agent whose window display was littered with "reduced" labels – homeowners appeared to be regularly lopping £20,000 or so off the asking price for their home. Other estate agents in the town had mixed feelings about this: one said she never displayed reduced signs as it could put off would-be sellers; another said she felt it could pique their interest.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it would no. I would simply see it as the homeowner appreciating the difficulty in today's climate and simply wanting to make a sale. If anything, I would perhaps be more inclined to view it.

    ReplyDelete