Wednesday 16 May 2012

Are there tax implications when buying a discounted property? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Are there tax implications when buying a discounted property? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q My mother and her two sisters inherited my grandmother's house when she passed away a few months ago. They intend to sell it to me and my partner for £100,000. The house has been valued by three different estate agents at between £110,000 and £125,000.

What, if any, are the capital gains tax (CGT) or inheritance tax (IHT) implications of my girlfriend and I purchasing the property at a discount?

A Buying the property at a discount shouldn't have any IHT implications. However ....

1 comment:

  1. Usually when a discounted property is bought most of the property agents help us save the traditional property purchase fees like deposits, stamp duty & legal fees. Not much ides..It will be better if you consult a Property Buying Agent/Consultant for better options.

    ReplyDelete