Sunday 3 July 2011

Adrian Newey at the Goodwood Festival of Speed - Telegraph

Adrian Newey at the Goodwood Festival of Speed - Telegraph

don’t come every year but I love it when I do come. Last year they actually gave me a Red Bull F1 car so I came for that funnily enough!

Today I’m driving Bobby Rahal’s 1986 Indy 500-winning March 86C which was actually my second single-seater. I designed the 85 and 86 Indycars for March and was race engineer to Bobby in 1984 and 1985.

He has remained a close friend ever since. We even won the TT race at the Revival in an E-Type a few years ago. I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve not driven an Indycar before.

I was towed behind one once when Bobby broke down once but never actually driven one. It’s best not to take it too seriously though, especially with all these people here. It’s a fun event this.

No comments:

Post a Comment