Wednesday 10 August 2011

Should we overpay our mortgage or save alongside it? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Should we overpay our mortgage or save alongside it? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q We have been overpaying our tracker mortgage for quite a few years now, and have always been advised by the mortgage lender that we should keep this amount as a separate savings account rather than actually reducing the mortgage. But I would like to stop doing this and would prefer to see the pot integrated into our outstanding mortgage payments.


But when my husband recently spoke to our lender, he was once again persuaded to keep them separate. I am not enamoured with this idea as I am keen to see our monthly mortgage payments go down. The person my husband spoke to was very persuasive and said that by keeping the money as savings and not reducing .........

A. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment