Thursday 27 October 2011

Can I keep my paid-off London flat and still buy a country house to live in? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Can I keep my paid-off London flat and still buy a country house to live in? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q I have a two-bedroom flat in north London which I own outright. It was valued back in June by three local agents at an average of £385,000.

I would like to buy a property in Hertfordshire and am trying to work out if I will be able to keep my flat as a rental investment and borrow enough to cover the cost of the second home that I intend to live in myself. I'm looking at properties in the region of £150,000 to £180,000.

I work freelance but am not registered as self-employed as I am always taxed at source. I have proof of earnings for the last three years and my annual salary is roughly £30,000.

I have been told that I can achieve a rental income of £375 a week. This would take my annual salary closer to the region of £50,000 if lenders would accept it as part of my overall salary. Do you think this is likely?

Also, would I need a deposit or ......

No comments:

Post a Comment