Thursday 13 October 2011

Diary of a landlord: last minute requests | Money | guardian.co.uk

Diary of a landlord: last minute requests | Money | guardian.co.uk

The last days of living in my apartment are at an end – moving day has arrived.

After spending the past few evenings boxing up and cleaning out my possessions (throwing away lots of junk I have collected over the years), I'm exhausted from going up and down the stairs all day.

I am feeling a great sense of relief and achievement. Yes, I know I haven't sold my apartment, I'm just letting it out and renting a bigger one, but at least I'm going up the property ladder the best way I can. I just hope the market bounces back up again, and the mortgage market gets easier for first-time buyers, so hopefully I can make a decent return on the flat when I do sell it.


Before I hand over my keys to the lettings agent, I have been told I have to make sure the flat is cleaned professionally (especially the oven and the carpets in the bedroom and living room), the idea being it is given over to the tenant as I would like it returned to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment