Wednesday 7 December 2011

How do we split a property with unequal deposits? | Money | guardian.co.uk

How do we split a property with unequal deposits? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q My friend and I are buying a house together and are in the process of drawing up a trust deed. We are looking at property share and how profits will be divided at the end, if there are any.

The property value is £270,000 and we are both responsible for half of the mortgage (£135,000 each). My friend's deposit is £70,000, leaving her a £65,000 share of the mortgage. My deposit is £20,000, leaving me a £115,000 part of the mortgage.

We are looking at a three-year period before we sell, regardless of circumstances, and are trying to work out how we will do this. My friend's opinion, with which I agree, is that her capital investment in the property over three years will be higher, which should be reflected in the percentage of the profit. .........

No comments:

Post a Comment