Sunday 4 December 2011

How to build a profitable blog: go viral | Money | The Guardian

How to build a profitable blog: go viral | Money | The Guardian

For the last couple of weeks I have been concentrating on writing a few select, high-quality posts for my blog that other people will hopefully be inspired to share.

I've spent a lot of time on these articles, almost as much as I would spend on a commissioned piece of work I was writing for a media publication, which was something I hadn't anticipated.

My blog-building mentor, Glen Allsopp, who owns Viperchill, tells me writing viral content (content which gets noticed and then heavily passed around the web, such as the recent "Jesus Christ in Richmond Park" footage, pictured) is key to getting an audience. But what makes the difference between a post that someone will share on Facebook, tweet about, or StumbleUpon, and one they won't?

No comments:

Post a Comment