Wednesday 28 December 2011

I recently had a nightmare tenant - Is it worth taking out landlord insurance in the future? | Mail Online

I recently had a nightmare tenant - Is it worth taking out landlord insurance in the future? | Mail Online

I had a tenant on a standard six month short-hold tenancy agreement who decided after three months that she could not afford to pay and so gave one week’s notice.
She left a month arrears and the place in a complete mess, which I have had to pay to sort out including getting rid of huge quantities of rubbish such as broken white goods and discarded car batteries.
I blame myself firstly for not listening to ‘gut instinct’ about a prospective tenant but is it worth taking out landlord insurance on a limited property portfolio in the future? MH, Ramsgate,

No comments:

Post a Comment