Thursday 8 December 2011

My new windows are causing condensation - Telegraph

My new windows are causing condensation - Telegraph

ON THE TILES

Q In November 2010 we had our upstairs bathroom floor tiled. The bathroom does not have traditional floorboards but tongue-and-groove chipboard. The slate tiles are 30cm x 30cm. Soon afterwards the grout started to crack and, one year on, the grout has cracked between several tiles and when I press them there is some movement. The builder laid the tiles directly onto the chipboard floor after applying the bonding agent. My view is that the builder should have used a plywood base screwed to the floor prior to tiling, and should rectify the issue at no cost to us. What is your opinion?

A. ........

Q I have recently had my double-glazed windows replaced as the old ones had misted up between the two panes. The ones that have been fitted supposedly have Pilkington glass, however I have noticed two major differences:

1) I now get condensation on the inside of the windows, which I never did with the old ones.

2) On cold mornings there is condensation on the outside of the windows, similar to what you get on your car windscreen. Both my neighbours have double glazing and neither of them have this problem.

Does this mean that the new windows are of a worse quality than the ones I had replaced?

No comments:

Post a Comment