Wednesday 21 December 2011

What's the best way to save for a house deposit? | Money | guardian.co.uk

What's the best way to save for a house deposit? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q I am in a very fortunate position and able to save between £400 and £800 a month (depending on other monthly outgoings) towards a deposit on a house. I feel it is important to build up as large a deposit as possible while I can as my income is quite low.

I am eager to make my money work as hard as possible without unwittingly messing up a future mortgage application. The introductory rate on my savings account has just expired, dropping the interest to 0.75%, and all the best savings rates seem to be attached to bond accounts with limits on the amount that can be saved – amounts I would reach quite quickly at my current rate of saving.

Should I have my money in several of these accounts, therefore attracting the most interest, and would doing so affect my eventual mortgage application? Perhaps keeping my savings in one account would allow my ....

No comments:

Post a Comment