Saturday 3 March 2012

Join the rent race: cashing in on the Olympics - Telegraph

Join the rent race: cashing in on the Olympics - Telegraph

It was late one evening, it had been a wearisome day at work and the kids had been particularly quarrelsome. I was playing around on my laptop after putting them to bed and casually tapped “rent my house out for the Olympics” into the search engine. Up popped the website rentduringthegames.com. I looked around the site; many houses on offer weren’t even in London. I have a four-bedroom semi-detached at the Elephant and Castle, not particularly close to the Olympic site but very central. Listing our house would only cost £25. I scanned the other homes up for offer and realised I could get £3,000 a week.

Despite hearing negative comments about how unrealistic it is to find a tenant with so many homeowners competing, I decided to sign us up, for £2,995 a week. Within seven days, all three Olympic weeks had been booked. It was the best £25 I’ve ever invested.

No comments:

Post a Comment