Wednesday 24 August 2011

I'm confused by my first-time buyer scheme | Money | guardian.co.uk

I'm confused by my first-time buyer scheme | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q I bought my first home nearly three years ago through a first-time-buyer scheme – I got a mortgage for 60% of the value of the property and had a loan for the remaining 40% to be repaid upon sale. There is a lot of help and information on buying your first home, but little on buying your next, and because of this I am avoiding moving on.

Some of the details I don't know about are how the mortgage would work on my next home. If, for example, I bought my flat for £100,000 and sold it for the same amount and therefore had no extra money, would I be able to buy a property for £60,000 even though I don't have a deposit? And what happens if I move to a new area and don't want to buy immediately because I don't know the place well – can I effectively "pause" a mortgage until I'm ready to buy?

I know ordinarily a person could let their home out until they were ready to buy, but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be allowed with my mortgage and loan. Some help here would be really appreciated.

A. ........

No comments:

Post a Comment