Wednesday 25 January 2012

How do we split a house only one of us has paid for? | Money | guardian.co.uk

How do we split a house only one of us has paid for? | Money | guardian.co.uk

Q In 2006 I bought a flat with my now ex-husband for £220,000. His only contribution was to put his name on the mortgage as I was not able to get a big enough loan with my salary alone. He never contributed to the mortgage repayments, legal fees, furniture or work carried out on the flat.

At the time of the purchase I got a solicitor to prepare a deed of trust specifying the percentage of the property's value we each were entitled to in case of us splitting up, or in case we sold the flat. We did split up soon after and he moved out. Since then he has always had his name on the mortgage. The deed has been modified and signed by both of us and we got a divorce. ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment